Overall this is a good sump pump available in the market. It has got 160 Positive Customer Reviews on Amazon.
Is it possible for a pump to move up to 40 gallons water per minute? While it might come across as unique, it is truly possible. The product, Superior Pump 92330 1/3 HP Thermoplastic sump pump is capable of pulling of that feat. Nowadays, it is very hard to select the best products from the market considering the amount of options available to people. In this regard, the Superior 92330 pump is definitely a perfect selection for those customers who want good product at an affordable price.
With an extent of exclusive features in an appealing priced package, many consumers from all over the world seem contented enough and have provided lots of positive reviews for this product.
This automatic sump pump is constructed by the corrosion-resistant thermoplastic and is exclusively designed for safety. It has an alterable float switch to automatically turn the pump on and off. This compact sump pump also boasts of an energy-efficient motor that ensures longer life and endurance. So, the sump pump is definitely capable of fulfilling almost all requirements that a customer may have.
Aspects of Superior 92330 1/3 HP Sump Pump
There are number of convenient and exclusive features of this product. All these features are not found in the other superior pumps available in the market and make this item more beneficial to the customers. Some of the features are mentioned below:-
- Material used in construction – This amazing product is manufactured by using corrosion-resistance thermoplastic material. Due to this reason, it has the ability to oppose to corrosion attack in all particular environments at defined operating conditions, temperature, pressure and fluid velocity. The screws, guards, handle, and arm are made of stainless steel giving it a protective cover.
- Powerful Motor – This sump pump uses a durable motor that is equally powerful as well. Equipped with a 1/3 horsepower motor, the sump pump is well capable of providing a great amount of effort. This unique characteristic differentiates the item from other pumps that are available in the market.
- Water Moving Capacity – With a 4.1 amp motor, the sump pump is able to lift up to 40 gallons of water in very little time, i.e. one minute or even less than that. Now, that is truly remarkable feature unlikely to be found in many other sum pumps in the market.
- Favorable Size – The size and maneuverability of this automatic sump pump makes it simple to use when the requirement arises and simple to store when it does not. The dimension of this product is 7x7x13 inches. Therefore, it is very easy to move it around due to the convenient size it possesses.
- Operating System – This automatic sump pump is activated based on the rise in the water level. Therefore, it is automatic in nature, thus saving the user of any sort of hassle.
- Float Switch – This pump features a tethered float switch with piggyback plug. Tether floats are connected to the outside of the pump and move just as the water level. If the water level rises, this float will ascend and turn the pump on. Thus, the presence of a float switch is a great one to have.
- Energy cost – This product is built for the energy efficiency and that is exactly why you will be saving on your electricity bills.
- Warranty – The Superior Company offers maximum one year warranty. Their customer support services are also very good.
- Resilient – The motor used by the sump pump has a longer life compared to others in the market. Thus, you are likely to extract plenty of users from this product before services are required.
Simple Installation Strategy of Sump Pump
The Superior Sump Pump can be installed via some simple steps. These are:
- Set the new pump in the bottom of the sump basin off to one side and it should be placed on a solid foundation. Do not keep it on the sandy rocky surfaces.
- The float switch should swing independently from the bottom to the top without coming in contact with the edge of the sump basin.
- Then install a full flow, swing type check valve as close to the discharge place on the pump as possible. The size of the check valve should be equal to the pump discharge.
- Join the check valve and pump together using schedule 40 PVC pipe and fittings. DWV or ABS pipe can also be used because this is not a pressure installation.
- Carefully analyze the installation after complete set up of the pump. After that, plug the cord from the pump into the piggyback plug of the float switch. Fill the sump basin with water using a hose. When the switch floats to the upright position, the pump will automatically turn on. When the switch reaches the down position, shut down the pump.
Special information on Superior 92330 1/3 HP Thermoplastic Sump Pump
There are certain key points to take note of while using the Superior 92330 Sump Pump that can keep both the users and the pump safe.
- The user should not touch or hold any electrical part of this pump, when it is in contact with water or even in a moist environment. Always disconnect electricity (unplug) when working on or installing the unit.
- This sump pump is provided with a grounding conductor and ground-type attachment plug. It should be connected only to a properly grounded, grounding-type receptacle to diminish the risk of electrical shock.
- The users should not use the discharge hose or power cord to carry or handle this pump. Doing so may cause damage to the discharge hose or power cord. The carrying handle should be used.
- A three-pong mating type receptacle is appropriate for safety purpose.
- Never use this pump to the pump chemicals, flammable liquids, sewage or corrosive liquids. This is injurious to both the user and device. The fluids should be water or something with the same characteristics as water.
- This pump is not recommending for pumping liquids over 120°F because the thermal overload protector will automatically shut down the pump in an overheat situation. The proper operation is for fluids between 32°F and 120°
- Operating the pump without water may damage the motor and other parts and also shorten the life of the sump pump.
Some vital advantages of this product are mentioned below –
- Comparatively lower priced than other products.
- Easy to use.
- Simple to set up, as well as clean.
- Water moving capability is a lot higher.
- Automatic on and off feature.