- Assembled in the US with foreign and domestic parts.
- Tested to 1 million cycles*
- Designed for use in sump pits of at least 11 inches
- Ceramic mechanical seal for work in demanding environments
- 1-1/2-inch discharges for maximum flow
- 3-Year limited warranty
- 1/2 hp submersible sump pump made of durable cast iron
New Price: $133.70
Old Price: $134.99
You Save: $1.29
(as of 03/24/2017 12:24 UTC - Details
Sump pumps are widely used in crawlspaces and basements for draining accumulated water. Many low-lying countries suffer from water accumulation post even minor rain showers. The use of a sump pump removes water that has accumulated in a water collecting sump basin. Water enters the basement via perimeter drains of the basement waterproofing system, because of rain, natural ground water or funnelling into the basin, especially if the basement is below water table level. This is when a sump pump finds use in one’s house.
Of the numerous sump pumps available in the market, Wayne CDU800 ½ HP Submersible Cast Iron and Steel Sump Pump is widely popular. Cast iron base, cast iron pump housing and a top cover of thermoplastic forms the framework of the CDU800 Submersible Sump Pump. The vertical float switch along with the steel guard has been designed with such precision, protruding from the top of the pump, that it protects the float from ever getting caught on the basin wall. The float arm rises to a specified height with rising water, which triggers the switch turning the pump on.
- CDU800 Submersible can pump water up to 4200 GPH
- It has been constructed out of cast iron. This makes this submersible sump pump sturdy enough to withstand all kinds of difficulties, be it with rising water or debris.
- The vertical float switch allows for automatic operation.
- Debris filtering and clogging is prevented by the top suction design.
- The CDU800 has been designed in such a way that its installation is easy and does not require any types of plumbing changes over the course of time. This greatly reduces maintenance costs.
- The ½ HP motor in this sum pump has been installed to achieve high performance every single use.
- This pump has a 1-1/2” NPT Discharge and Reinforced Thermoplastic base that ensures a strong framework. This also ensures maximum flow.
- The CDU800 Sump Pump is easy to carry and as such is highly portable.
- The vertical float guard as explained earlier has an added advantage of protecting the switch from hang-ups.
- The sump pump has been designed for use in sump pits of at least 11 inches.
- The ceramic mechanical seal ensures it works absolutely fine even in demanding environments.
- It comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
- The CDU800 is easy to install.
- It is much quieter than most of the other sum pumps. All one can hear during its operation is a slow hum.
- The float is positive and reliable.
- Removes water faster than most other sump pumps in the market.
- Overall, it is a well-made, heavy duty and very efficient sump pump.
- The float occasionally falls off the bottom of the rod.
- The cast iron base can get rusted over time, which in turn locks up the impeller.
- It is not suitable for shallow sump wells.
With several sump pumps available in the market, choosing the right one will always be a difficult decision for a customer. However, with so much to offer, the CDU800 Submersible Sump Pump is the best you can ask for. List it as the priority sump pump that one ought to check out.