Overall this is a good sump pump available in the market. It has got 276 Positive Customer Reviews on Amazon
Sump pumps are electric pumps that are commonly used to extract water from some places like the basement, swimming pools etc. Nowadays, competition is increasing immensely with the increment of many business industries. Similarly, there is a menacing competition among the sump pump business industries to reach the topmost position in the market.
The Wayne brand is presently among the topmost positions in this regard. Wayne water systems have securely and confidently provided very good, nonstop and user-friendly services to the customers for many years. Wayne water systems, in this aspect, offer a lot of convenient products in the current market. Wayne water system VIP50 1/2 HP 2,500 GPH Submersible Utility Sump Pump is one such type of a product. It also happens to be one of the most productive products manufactured by Wayne. With a several accomplished features, it becomes a truly beneficial to all types of customers that require sump pumps.
Qualities of Wayne VIP50 1/2 HP Sump Pump
Every product surely has some unique characteristics. Otherwise, it can never be recognized as a new or good product. In this regard, this Wayne VIP50 sump pump has some effective features that differentiate it from other similar products in the market and also makes it as a fierce competitor.
- High capacity – This sump pump is very powerful. It has the flow rate of 2500 gallons per hour. It means that a huge amount of water can be removed from the basement in a single hour.
- Well-designed suction – The bottom suction is structured very smoothly. This is why it can remove water down to 1/8 inch of surface and passes up to 3/8 inch solids like leaves, pebbles, and other debris without clogging. The minimum water level to operate this pump is 2 5/8 inch.
- Materials – This VIP50 1/2 HP sump pump is generally made of sealed thermoplastic materials that are very resilient in nature.
- Adjustable Adapter – This sump pump has a 3/4-inch malleable discharge adapter that can be easily connected to the garden hose. It is also easy to access.
- Glass feature – Glass reinforced housing, impeller shaft and volute stops rust. So, the moist or other weather conditions cannot damage this sump pump easily.
- Installation and maintenance – This water pump is simple to install, it is also very easy to clean and maintain.
- Uses – This convenient product is basically used to remove water from flooded basements, stock tanks, boats, window wells, rain barrels, aquariums and more.
- Warranty and services – This is one of the most important parts of any product. Wayne water systems are willing to replace or repair any part or parts of its utility pump for up to one year from the date of purchase. However, this limited warranty does not repair those products that have been damaged due to accident or misuse.
- Price – This pump is reasonably priced.
Specifications of Wayne VIP50
There are some exclusive specifications in this sump pump.
- Product Type: Submersible Non-Clogging Vortex Utility Pump.
- Product Weight: 7.6 Pounds.
- Product Size in inches (length x width x height): 6.0 x 6.0 x10.0
- Motor: 1/2 Horse Power.
- Voltage: 100 volt.
- Color: Black.
- Frequency: 60 Hertz.
- Discharge: 1 1/4 NPS.
- Power Source: Corded Electricity.
- Power Cord (ft): 8.
- Thermal Overload Protection: Yes.
Necessary tips to use Wayne VIP50 1/2 water pump
If this product is not used properly then it can be harmful to both users and the device. Read the following instructions carefully to diminish the risk of injury before installing or using it.
- The product or its power cord has chemicals. This chemical may cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive diseases. So, wash hands with soap and water after handling it.
- Users should know the pump applications as well as restrictions. Otherwise, it may cause serious bodily injury or properly damage.
- Users should never use this sump pump to the pump flammable or explosive fluids like gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, etc. It should not be used in an explosive atmosphere either and should be used to pump clear water only.
- Disconnect power before you start servicing. If the power disconnect is out of sight, lock in the open (OFF) position and tag it to block the unexpected applications of power. Otherwise, it may result in fatal electrical shock.
- Remove all pressure within this water system before servicing any component.
- Before servicing, drains all liquids from the system.
- The users should check the hoses for weak and worn condition before each use.
- Analyze the pump and system component periodically. Also perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Let the pump cool for at least two hours, before servicing.
- The user should supply a way of pressure relief for pumps whose line can be obstructed.
- For personal safety, the users can wear glasses at all times working with pumps, keep work area clean, replace all unused equipments, and keep the children or pets at a safe distance from the work area.
- All wiring should be achieved by an experienced electrician.
- The motor must be adequately and securely grounded to diminish the risk of electric shock.
Benefits of Wayne VIP50
The advantages of this product are:
- It is long-lasting.
- Easy to access.
- Favorable size.
- Simple to maintain.
- Switch very reactive.
Customer Review of Wayne VIP50 Sump Pump
Many customers are happy to get excellent qualities of this product manufactured by Wayne. Its excessive power attracts them mostly. Some users are also very delightful for its durability. They noted that it can work for many years almost like a new product. Consumers also noticed that it can pump out 2500 gallons water within an hour and this is surely helpful to a busy customer.
Moreover, thermoplastic body and glass housing of Wayne sump pump keep it spick and span. Many customers are impressed by it because they can protect it from all weather conditions. Some consumers also stated that it is operated silently and that the price for this product is a bargain.
So, if you are looking for an efficient sump pump to assist them in your work, the Wayne VIP50 1/2 HP sump pump is among the best that you can look to.