- Passes 1/2-Inch spherical solids
- On point: 9-1/2-Inch, off point: 3-Inch
- Pumps 72-Gallons per minute with 5-Foot head
- Shut-off head: 23-Feet
- Includes a 15-Foot 3-wire neoprene cord
New Price: Too low to display
Old Price: $288.40
(as of 07/23/2017 07:56 UTC - Details
Review of the Zoeller 98 sump pump
Sump pumps are small pumps that are found in the lowest part of a crawlspace or basement. Its primary function is to prevent flooding and keeping the area under the building as dry as possible. The area where these are installed are referred to as sump pits. Water flows through natural water migration or drains into the sump pit. The sump pit then pumps the water out and away from the building. This process is continued until the basement or crawlspace is dry.
The Zoeller sump pumps are known for their efficiency and rugged built. The Zoeller 98-001 is no different to this testimony. Heavy duty sump pump operations are performed efficiently by this sump pump. A Zoeller 98 review will show why it is a tough act to follow for its competitors.
The Zoeller motor and pump are duly encased in oil-filled, heavy-duty cast iron housing. This has been hermetically sealed for provide several years of cool running. External parts, which include the arm, handle, fasteners, guard and seal assembly, have been made from corrosion-proof stainless steel. There is protection provided by a thick, powder-coat epoxy finish. This protective guard has been provided a stylish hammered look. Long-lasting carbon and ceramic material have been used for the motor and pump shaft seals.
- It can easily move a lot of water. Having a 10-foot discharge height, the Zoeller 98-001 can put out 3,660 GPH. When operated at 15 feet, it can put out 2,700 GPH.
- The Zoeller 98-001 effectively passes ½ inch spherical solids.
- A 1.5 inch female NPT fitting is used as the discharge outlet.
- 15-foot neoprene power cord is highly flexible and rugged. This has been pre-installed with a 120VAC 3-prong plug.
- At start-up, Zoeller 98-001 motor draws 9.4A running and 29.2A briefly.
- A distinct and unique feature which sets the Zoeller 98-001 apart from rest of the sump pumps available in the market is the fact that it has a durable polypropylene vertical float switch that is capable of providing a generous 6-inch float range.
- Zoeller 98-001 on point is 9 ½ inch and off point is 3 inch.
- The motor has the capability of pumping 72-gallons per minute with 5-foot head.
- This motor has a 23-feet shut off head.
- It also features an engineered plastic vortex impeller.
- This entire motor does not have any sheet metal parts. This will prevent the motor from any rust or corrode and no screens will clog.
- The maximum temperature for effluent or dewatering is 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- As far as the dimensions are considered, the major width is 10 1/8 inch and the major height is 12 inch.
- It is heavy duty and robust. Therefore, it can help with long hours of work.
- The Zoeller 98-001 pump is extremely quiet and empties the sump pit within a matter of a few seconds.
- The pump has a very long shelf life. There are consumers who have been using this device for more than 3 years and have experienced no adverse impacts on their systems. It still efficiently empties the sump pit in seconds for all these satisfied customers.
- With the cast iron body and powder coated epoxy paint, one can rest assured that it will remain impervious to all kinds of corrosion for many years to come.
- Sand, grit and even small bits of gravel pass through the pump effortlessly.
- The Zoeller 98-001 is reliable, durable and always gives high performance during its operations.
- The warranty that happened to be 3 years previously has now been dropped to 1 year. This begs the question that does its performance dwindle with time?
- Discharge can get clogged at times.
- Impeller also may suffer from blocking.
- The top end of the unit may end up getting submerged.
Keeping aside the rare instance of the cons mentioned above, the pros largely outweigh the cons for one to make the quick decision of purchasing this unit. The Zoeller 98 is an economical, long-lasting investment for ones’ crawlspace or basement. For heavy-duty pumping with minimal operating hum, the Zoeller 98 is the perfect sump pump everyone should strongly consider before making a purchase.
Review: Zoeller Aquanot® 508-0007 12 Volt backup sump pump WITH M98 pump
Review: Zoeller 507-0011 Pro Pak 98 Backup Pump System W/Basement Sentry
Review: Zoeller M57 Basement High Capacity 2650 Gallons Per Hour Sump Pump The best